December 7, 2018
Despite several advancements in dentistry to preserve natural teeth, tooth loss is still a prevalent problem. In fact, 120 million Americans are missing at least one tooth. Although bridges, crowns, and dentures have held a commonplace in dentistry to resolve the issue, over 500,000 people a year are turning to dental implants. Replacing both the root and the crown of the tooth allows them to provide an array of benefits that are possible with conventional treatments; however, they cost more. While you may pay more upfront for dental implants in Westhampton, they are more cost-effective long-term.
How Much Will I Pay for Dental Implants?
There is no easy answer to how much you can expect to pay without first scheduling a consultation with your dentist in Westhampton. The amount is based on your individual treatment plan. On average, you can expect to pay $1,500 to $7,500, but that amount changes depending on your specific needs. There are various factors that influence the price, such as:
- Consultation: You need a consultation to ensure dental implants are right for you. This also consists of digital x-rays and a CT scan to assess your oral health and structures.
- Number of Teeth: The number of implant posts and abutments needed affect the price.
- Sedation and Anesthesia: You need to undergo oral surgery, so sedation or anesthesia is needed.
- Additional Procedures: It is common to need additional procedures before placing your implant posts, like tooth extractions or bone grafting.
- Types of Posts: Mini implants are usually cheaper than traditional posts, but they are not right for everyone.
- Materials: There are discounted materials available; however, they can be low-quality, which can hurt the long-term success or aesthetics of your new smile.
- Restorations: The restorations are often the most expensive aspect of the treatment.
How Can I Pay for Dental Implants?
Do not let the price of dental implants prevent you from completing your smile. Offering over a 95% success rate, you never need to worry about having them replaced if you care for them properly. This saves you money down the road.
To help pay for your new smile, you can use your dental insurance. While it will not pay for the entire treatment, it will cover certain aspects of it. Depending on your policy, you can use your coverage for the imaging, additional procedures, or restorations until you reach your annual limit.
You can use CareCredit to cover any remaining balance. After your credit’s approval, you are given the funds you need to pay for the treatment. You then repay the amount using a payment plan that accommodates your budget.
Invest in Your Smile
Your dentist provides you with an estimate and helps you maximize the value of your dental insurance to keep your new smile affordable.
About Dr. William W. Way
Dr. William W. Way provides cutting-edge dentistry to replace missing teeth, including dental implants. His services are competitively priced while he also works with several insurance carriers to keep them affordable. Take the first step to a complete smile. Schedule your consultation today!
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.